- 100% New Zealand Pork Cooked Half Ham on the Bone
- 1/4 cup cloves
- Pinch of salt
- 4 ripe plums
- ½ cup of The Wild Walnut Plum Sauce
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 2 spring onions
- Carefully lift the skin from the cooked ham. To do this run your clean fingers between the skin and ham and it will come away easily.
- Using a sharp knife, score the fat in a criss-cross diamond pattern but only as deep as the fat level. If wished, place a whole clove at the corners of each diamond.
- Spread the ham with the 1/2 cup of The Wild Walnut Plum Sauce.
- Cook in a preheated oven at 160o C for 45 minutes to glaze. To serve the ham hot, you will need to weigh the ham and cook at 160°C for 10 minutes per 500g.
To make a Plum Salsa addition for serving…
- Dice the plums finely.
- In a bowl mix together the plums, spring onions, The Wild Walnut Plum Sauce, ginger and mint.
- Season with a pinch of salt and serve next to, or on top of, the sliced ham.